Monday, November 06, 2006

no goodbyes



This is jelena. She lived with me for almost a month, she is the first friend I made here. She is a speed skater and therefore a "very healthy girl"- words of franscisca our landlady. She made me eat less salt and almost no fat, go running in the morning and eat loots of fruit and vegetables.
I made her drink beer, use lots of spices when she cooks, eat chocolate and sew.
Yesterday she went home and now the house is very quiet, there is only the landlady, her cat and I. Hopefully new friends will be found, but it was so important to have her here, everything was be nicer and easier, and of course more fun.

Now i will have to buy veggies and cheese in the market by myself, and I can´t go for long bike rides at night in the forest. (it was scary enough when there were two of us).
At the studio there will be no one to translate the jokes when they´re in Dutch.

I will miss you, but i hope to see you soon. In Antwerp or Den Bosch...

2 comments:

Hüt said...

He Christina,

Read your post this evening and I was so moved by your words about Jelena. Hope we will be able to make a home for you as much as we can...

Jeroen from Kluif

jelena said...

Den Bosch was so nice with you (and the cat and the landlady)
we will have to see us soon! because i miss you already